Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Dropping Like Flies

Some objectives were discussed at the June 11th meeting. A lot of the time was spent with Pat and George arguing back and forth about procedural issues. George has resigned as president due to too many board members interfering with issues. John Rettger has resigned and another board member apparently resigned a few months ago but must have forgot to inform anyone.

So two spots were open. 2 home owners were present who put their names into the hat. I of course offered up my name and actually, I was nominated by George. Not surprising that the other two homeowners were voted in. Not to fear. I will be at the meetings pushing the issues that need to be pushed and watching over the body of people who make decisions at RV3.

Kelly was voted in. I'm impressed with here because she had, and was reading, the covenants. I hope she understands that the covenants are a legally binding contract between RV3 and the home owners and that it trumps any RV3 rules which are not in compliance such as the charges we currently have for late payments which far exceed the 3% per year dictated in the convenant contract.
Actually, the board has been informed by their lawyers that anyone who challenges the charges in court will probably win. I might pay late to test it!

Elaine was voted in too. She was on the board previously and is back. I believe she is a good listener.

Welcome to the board Kelly and Elaine. Remember that your votes hold you responsible and liable in a court because RV3 does not have liability insurance holding you harmless. State law requires you to have liability insurance but as you have maybe noticed, State law for RV3 is simply a foot note. I suggest that you vote with conviction and not emotion. If you are not sure, you should abstain from voting.

If you need advice, George is very knowlegeable. I suggest you consult with him outside of the hot head meetings in the hut.

See yall at the next meeting.