Thursday, September 13, 2007

Hip Hip Hurray NCMC Has Gone Away

I met with Pat today. She informed me that the management company "New Concepts Mangement" have been fired. They got 60 days notice. We have apparently hired a new management company. They will have internet details which will eliminate the requirement for paper charges and copy charges (sounds like what I have been talking about forever).

Pat is still hurt about my comments regarding her brand names. She claims I called her a peeping Tom or something along those lines. The blog still remains. Her mind just can't understand that the writing is discussing what other people call her. If she ever came to my home and was looking at OR in my window, I would justify some of my own names for her. She claims that she "they" have the right to enter a home courtyard in order to inspect the windows. She is wrong of course, and may be trying to justify or hide her obsession with power. She has no rights whatsoever when she trespasses beyond the gate of a homeowner.

We got into a discussion regarding the high association rates. Over the years, Pat has paid in the range of $32,000 total for fees to Riverview. It's a little difficult to calculate this but not hard to estimate it based on a mean average number over 30 years.
What has she got for her $32K? I guess a new roof, garbage removed, siding and insurance. Is that value? Maybe.

The fact still remains that the board has not put sufficient money away for the big ticket items. A little like social security. Todays payments pay for todays requirements. Eventually, they go out of business.

RV4 is in trouble too. They have not responded sufficiently to homeowners complaints about swing sets. They turned to the city who will now deal with the situation. If they were cash rich, this would not be an issue.

12174 Drake is for sale at $109,900. It seems to me that Carol Ebsen was gleefully rubbing her hands together last year because the housing prices were going up. If I remember, she attributed it to the boards efforts to keep the area in a good condition. What happened? Prices have dived. Your property is worth less. When Pat was telling me how they took care of the place, I bent over and started to pick out the sand from all the cracks in the road. It's a disgrace. She blamed it on me for not voting for a one time fee to correct the issue. I do believe that it was a majority who disagreed with her on that issue and I do believe that $164 per month is enough. It's time to handle cash properly. Maybe (maybe) the new management company can help and maybe (maybe) the board will empower the new management company to do a good job.